Friday, December 9, 2011

Judah Truth Pope Has Arrived

 At about 10:25 last night we went to bed, and I fell fast asleep. At around 10:45 p.m. Kendra went to the bathroom and I simply heard, "I think my water just broke. Timotheus, will you come here, I think my water just broke." We of course headed straight to the hospital where my wife politely asked for an epidural as soon as possible. Though her water broke, labor was not progressing. They decided to give her Pitocin as the epidural set in. Labor still was not progressing and the catheter slipped so they had to re-introduce it to numb Kendra's lower half. It worked. It worked so well that this morning at 7:15 or so as Kendra and one of the nurses (Sarah) chatted about how many pushes it would take Sarah said, "We are thinking that we'll have a baby by 9:00 a.m. Is that okay? That should be about right." Another nurse (Debbie) had JUST checked Kendra 15 minutes prior than that and she said the baby was still really high. The nurses walked out of the room. Kendra looked at me with a very surprised look. The graphs looked like someone drawing the Himalaya mountains and she said, "I feel a lot of pressure. I feel like in one push he'll come out." The nurse came back in and Kendra shared the same information with her. At 7:21 the nurse pulled back the bed sheet to check Kendra again as we waited on the midwife and there was Judah's entire head coming out of her body. Debbie of course shouted for the midwife and Judah Truth Pope was officially delivered at 7:23 a.m. on Friday, December 9, 2011 at 9 lbs. 10 oz and 20.5 inches long. As he gets older if he hits gaps in the offensive line like he was born, he'll be a Hall of Fame linebacker with the all-time sack record.